McGill University Canada MasterCard Foundations Scholarship s 2020/2021 for African Students. McGill has a long history of academic and grassroots engagement in Africa, and is home to a wide range of health, environmental and social policy research with relevance to Africa.
Internships and exchanges which offer McGill students opportunities to pursue fieldwork in a range of African nations; and programs which nurture collaboration and engagement with citizens, communities and nations in Africa across a spectrum of scholarly domains.
- Deadline to submit the Application for Admission in uApply: Your program’s deadline
- Deadline to submit MCF Supporting Documents in uApply: January 31, 2020
Offered annually? Yes
This scholarship program is designed to sponsor outstanding, community engaged students to attend university who otherwise would not have the opportunity, thereby, fostering the development of future Sub-Saharan African leaders and entrepreneurs.
In addition to financial support, Scholars are provided with a comprehensive support network that includes an array of mentoring and support services to ensure each student’s academic success community service engagement and transition to socially relevant employment opportunities, when they return to Africa at the conclusion of their studies.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program provides access to secondary and higher education for young people who are committed to giving back to their communities. It is designed to provide students with holistic support, including the following:
- Comprehensive Scholarships — Students receive financial support for fees, uniforms, books and supplies, transportation, accommodation, and stipends.
- Skills Training — Students benefit from enrichment in areas relevant to employment success, such as critical thinking, communications, and entrepreneurship.
- Transition Support — Students receive support during their transition into secondary school, university or the workforce with mentoring, career counseling, internships, leadership development, and other life skills coaching.
McGill University Canada MasterCard Foundations Scholarship s 2020/2021 for African Students Eligibility:
- Be admissible to one of the eligible programs at McGill University (see Program List below);
- Have never completed any graduate studies;
- Be nominated by a professor of a recognized Mastercard Foundation Partner University, or;
- Be nominated by a current McGill Professor or Staff Member (see Nomination Form);
- Be a citizen of and have lived a significant part of your life in a Sub-Saharan African Country (see List of
- Have an exceptional record of service and activity in your school and/or community;
Value of Scholarship: The MasterCard Foundation Scholars at McGill will receive a holistic set of financial, social, and academic supports throughout their education and during their post-graduate transitions.
Duration of Scholarship: 2 years
How to Apply: Because applicants to The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program do not have to pay the $107.50 application fee, you must follow a special application procedure.
You will find detailed instructions on this special procedure, and complete information about applying to McGill as a MasterCard Foundation Scholar, from the link below.
This application is for MASTER’s (non-thesis) applicants only.